Friday, January 15, 2010

Trucking Along

Two weeks have already gone by already! This challenge has flown by so fast, and I am sure that the next two weeks will be just the same. It has been a great ride thus far, and I feel my practice has been improving in many ways. The most improved aspect is I feel much more calmer in class. With being calmer, my breathing has been deeper, and in turn it has made my recovery time in savansanas much quicker. Even humid classes are not as crippling because I am able to breathe through savansana normally instead of gasping for air. Where this is most helpful is in the spine strengthening series where I am improving my technique of 80/20 breathing. I have also noticed that I do not use my hand towel as much lately to wipe the sweat of my face. It used to bother me that sweat would run into my eyes causing a annoying stinging sensation. My focus now allows me to block that feeling away! As much as this challenge has given me more focus, and determination, and I am very grateful that I have a yoga buddy to fall back on. I find Brenda has keep me in check on the days that I am feeling lazy and unmotivated - Vancouver has been extremely rainy, grey and gloomy lately....LOL! If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have completed my first double of my challenge a couple of days ago! After making dinner, and settling in for the night, I got a text from Brenda on my thoughts of doing a late class. I was not really "feeling it" mostly because we already did a morning class, and I just finished my after dinner treat - a bag of BBQ potato chips! I told her that I didn't think it was a great idea, and that maybe we can do a double tomorrow - a pathetic excuse of stalling...LOL! She said that she going anyways. Her enthusiasm was all I needed to change my mind, and we both had a stronger, and fruitful second class of the day!!! Thanks Brenda for that extra push!

On a side note I found my short shorts....LOL! They have been missing for a while I and just found them under a pile of clean unfolded clothes. I have a quite a few good yoga shorts, but they are on the longer side. Hiking and fooling around with the longer shorts can be annoying and frustrating. Now I am looking for more short shorts - screw modesty on the hot room...hahaha! Just as long as the shorts can hold in my junk!

On to week 3!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment