Monday, January 11, 2010

Detox

What a great weekend of friends, hockey, beer, and yoga!!! It is strange to put beer and yoga in the same sentence. I wouldn't say the two words are like oil, and water but it is certainly not an easy yoga class after a hard night of drinking...LOL!

Saturday's class was with Gabe. He is a really good instructor, and a really nice guy. I class was packed with a mixture of regulars, teachers, and newbies. It great to nice some of the newbies sticking around after their introductory week! I had a strong class again, and I my backbends are continuing to be better, and better! I was happy that Gabe didn't let me slack. He consistently reminded me to "keep my chest up" on various postures. I have a bad habit of not using my chest if I am tired, or if I am just plain lazy....hahaha. Foreword bends have being difficult of late. I wonder if this due to my increased flexibility of my backward bends. Standing separate leg forehead to knee, and now rabbit is very difficult.

Yesterday's class was very tough. I had seven friends for Victoria, and Calgary come into town for the Canucks/Flames hockey game. I knew I was going to "pollute" my body with a few overpriced beers at the game, but I wasn't prepared for the shots of jagermeister after the game though....LOL! I was conscience throughout the night to drink water to balance out the alcohol, and hoping it would be enough keep the hangover away the next morning....wrong. I was not looking forward to the class first thing the next morning, but I was glad that me and Brenda scheduled this class together (the night before) because my body was screaming for a detox. Doing a yoga class hungover is not fun, but I find that it is better alternative - lying on the couch wasting the day away...hahaha! The whole class was a struggle, but I did do all the postures, which is a miracle as I thought I wouldn't have the stamina to complete the class with out sitting out on something. Mental note to self - no more jagermeister!

This morning's class was way better class than yesterday, but I was pretty stiff for some reason. I felt my bones creaking in halfmoon, and all the way through to spine twist. I felt de-hydrated. This is probably due to the fact I forgot to take enough liquids the night before. Bad Richard! On a positive note I held my second set of standing bow for the entire time on the left side, and for 28 seconds on the right side - I would have stayed in for the full time, but the instructor held her breath a little longer. I know shouldn't be anticipating the instructors words....haha!

I can't believe we are almost two weeks into the challenge! There has been more "ups" than "downs" so far, and I know this will continue to be the case!


No comments:

Post a Comment