Friday, January 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home

After an extended stay in Victoria where my parents live, I am finally back in Vancouver after being away for over 2 weeks! I had a great stay! Spending Christmas, ringing in the new year, and celebrating both my mom and dad's birthday was wonderful! I even managed to practice yoga on a constant basis in what now feels like my second studio! That being said, I am thrilled to be back home. I was excited to be back at my home studio to see the familiar faces - especially my yoga buddy Brenda! I was surprised, and quite franky flattered that most of the regular yogis noticed that I haven't been at the studio in quite some time, and asked "where the hell" I have been, and welcomed me back! It great catching up with all the people, but now it is "back to business"...continuing with my challenge!

The waiting room was packed full of yogis waiting for the current class to be let out last night. So, imagine my surprise when my yoga buddy was able to snag two primo spots in the front left corner...YAH!!! THANKS Brenda :D!!! The class was SOLID!!! I even got a complement on the first posture in ackward!!! I am continuing to find my backbends getting deeper, and stronger. I look forward to the spine strengthening series now. Before, it was much like going for a root cannel!!! The air the room was perfect, and because of that my recovery between postures was really quick - recovering in the first 5 seconds of savansana, and leaving 15 seconds of pure relaxation!

This afternoon's class was equally SOLID!!! We were able to get our favorite spot again..YAH! I can't remember if I ever was able hold my posture on the second set of standing head to knee on both legs, but I did it today!!!! Cobra felt great - I saw the ceiling for the first time!!!

The first week is now done. It has flown by very quicky! My enthusiasm for the challenge has not even wavered one bit, and I think it has just maybe even increased! Full steam ahead - Bring on week 2!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment