Sunday, January 3, 2010

Number 99

I am at double digits today!! 99 more classes to go...hahaha! The number 99 reminds me of many fond childhood memories. Like many boys growing up in the early 80's, I looked up to Wayne Gretzky. I lived and breathed hockey in grade school! Every chance I had, I was either playing road hockey at home, or playing floor hockey in the school's gymnasium. I remember getting an Edmonton Oiler's jersey with the Gretzky's name and number on the back for my 10th birthday, and I don't think I took it off for a month! It is still hanging in my bedroom closet in my parents house. My mom has tried to throw it away many times through the years after I moved out, but I always told her stories of how I won "Stanley Cup's, Canada Cup's and other various World Jr. Championships" with that jersey. My mom still thinks it is a ratty old piece of crap...LOL! Many, many years later, I had a chance opportunity to meet Wayne at a Hockey Canada function at my workplace. I knew it was my one and only chance to have that jersey signed by my idol! Even Wayne remarked on how it seem like the jersey had gone through many battles!

Today's class was another JUICY class, though not as humid as the first 2 days. I felt sweat running down my back as soon as ackward pose! The humidity was mitigated by my new christmas present - Lululemon yoga mat!!! I thought a towel was a towel....NOPE! Man...these lululemon towels GREAT! No more fussing around with my old towel in between postures during the standing series! Today was my first morning class in a while. WOW....my body just did not want move! It did get a little better after triangle pose though. My shoulders have been quite sore after the classes, because of my focus of keeping my arms straight during the standing series. All in all the week has been great! Feeling limber and refreshed. I hope this will continue forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment